Thursday, February 28, 2013

Cop? What Cop?

Crossed into North Carolina on Thursday morning as we headed away from the Virginia coast. As we were making our way along Route 17 this morning, taking the long slow route through rural coastal North Carolina, I noticed a police cruiser on the left, hiding off in a field. As I take my co-pilot duties seriously, I dutifully alerted Andre to the fact to avoid a speeding ticket.  It was then that we realized that we hadn't been driving at or above the speed limit since we'd left Rhode Island! RV Van travel is slow travel and we usually spend the day chugging along happily while others pass us left and right. So the knee jerk reaction was completely unnecessary. Crisis averted, we happily went back to cruising along at "dork" speed, listening to the Avett Brothers with goofy smiles.  Okay, that was only me with the goofy smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment