Saturday, April 6, 2013

New Beginnings - Part 2 (Andre)

My last day of work for the RI Department of Education was February 22 and we left on our adventures the next day. On February 25th, I learned that due to unexpected circumstances my office at the Department of Education temporarily was down another staff member and one who was assuming much of my work! Well, one thing led to another and yesterday, April 5th, was my second last day of work for the RI Department of Education as I have been working remotely these last several weeks.
It has been a bit of a whirlwind working early, late, during the day, on the road while Laura drove, in McDonalds and Paneras, in campgrounds, in the van, and many other places. But, as you have seen from the blog entries, we still have managed to have lots of adventures, see new things, and visit friends and relatives along the way. I understand that my stepping in was helpful to my colleagues and kept things moving until the office returned to normal. And, while the extended income was certainly appreciated, I also realized that staying connected to work, projects, and colleagues helped in a way to smoothe the transition to this new life and lifestyle.
Now, I just need to start that transition all over again!
On the lighter side ….
 

One of our favorite bands is Drive By Truckers. If you don’t know this band, I suggest you check them out. Well, they are from northern Alabama. And, we just entered the state of Alabama today after 4 weeks (give or take a day) in the fine state of Florida. Just entering Alabama you could realize we were in a different state. If you don’t know what I mean, you’ll have to come down here and find out for yourself.
As we were driving down the road, Laura remarked that we better behave in this state or we would get an Alabama Ass Whuppin’ (a name of the Drive By Truckers live album from 1999). So, we are indeed watching our p’s and q’s!

1 comment:

  1. Life's a cycle, and recycle! Enjoying the news and pics! Rose

    ReplyDelete