Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Slide into the Passenger Seat with Me

Before I get to the heart of my entry, I should let you know that we arrived safely in Yellowstone National Park on Sunday afternoon and all is well!  However, as I am quite backed up with photos to share with you, I am going to save our arrival and first week at Yellowstone for my next entry and just take a few minutes to share more from our journey across the states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota & Montana on our way to our summer gig on Lake Yellowstone (in Wyoming).

If you've followed our blog for a while, you've probably noticed that I like to take photos of the "windshield" view from the van as we travel along. Well for this entry, I wanted to share my view from the passenger seat.

When we are traveling cross country, I sit in this seat for 5-7 hours per day, through bright sunshine, storms, and everything in between. Some days the view is magical, the places new and exciting. Some days more repetitive and redundant. But everyday, there is at least one thing to marvel at, to laugh at, to shake our heads over.  These days that roll over one into the next as we travel to places known and unknown are our life. So slide into the passenger seat with me and take a look at the view.


Farmland in Illinois


Early Morning, Just west of Duluth, Minnesota


Goods Moving Across the Minnesota Prairie
This was the first of many, many, trains moving oil East...

Cattle Ranching in North Dakota

Belfield, North Dakota - The Landscape begins to change

 
Yes, I know this is Andre's window but I couldn't resist.
Drove by this Buffalo just hanging out on the side of the road as
we drove through the scenic loop in Theodore Roosevelt National Park!
  
Custer County, Montana
 
Sanders, Montana
 
Approaching Billings, Montana
 
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment